Women on Board: Finding Your Voice as a Volunteer Leader Customized Workshop
Since 2005, The Atlanta Women’s Foundation has provided a variety of customized trainings for corporate and community partners. We work with clients to create a curriculum and delivery methods specific to their needs. AWF also provides “On Board” Workshops that are open to women and men.
The workshop is a 3-hour training that covers the following topics:
- The Nonprofit Sector: Facts & Myths
- Nonprofit Trends
- The 10 Responsibilities of a Nonprofit Organization’s Board of Directors
- Financial Oversight
- Governance vs. Management
- Strategy Development
- Developing & Approving Strategy
Participants that complete the training will gain access to our Women on Board portal. This online tool provides participants with the opportunity to search for board service or volunteer opportunities and make direct contact with nonprofit organizations.
Learn more by with our printable version of the Women on Board customized trainings information.
To schedule a customized workshop or for additional information, please email WOB@atlantawomen.org or call (404) 577-5000.
Past Customized Trainings:
- AWF grantee partners
- Bank of America
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers
- Georgia State University
- Georgia Tech Women’s Leadership Conference
- Jewish Women’s Fund of Atlanta
- Kilpatrick Townsend
- The Coca-Cola Company
- The Home Depot
- The Junior League of Atlanta