Transforming Women’s Lives through Leadership & Philanthropy
Success isn’t just about what you accomplish in your life; it’s about what you inspire others to do.
Inspire Atlanta is a comprehensive initiative that provides a unique leadership opportunity to a diverse group of professional women who are looking to ignite their passion for creating positive change for women in Atlanta.
Inspire Atlanta focuses on three main areas – personal development, leadership development and philanthropic development. Participants will meet many of the dynamic corporate and civic leaders associated with AWF, connect with other women professionals, and explore the critical issues facing women and girls locally. They will also manage an individual fundraising campaign to support the mission of AWF.
As the only public foundation in Georgia dedicated solely to women and girls, it is our responsibility to prepare women to be thoughtful, well-informed, philanthropic leaders who understand the unique issues women and girls face locally. Through the Inspire Atlanta initiative, we are training women to develop or enhance the skills needed to empower and develop not only themselves, but their communities as well.
Benefits include, but not limited to:
- A poverty simulation experience
- Behind-the-scenes tours of AWF’s grantee partners
- Complimentary tickets to selected AWF events
- Customized fundraising training and campaign management skills
- Intimate professional development sessions with corporate, civic, and community leaders
- Invitation to participate in service days
- Personal development exercises
- Publicity and recognition as an Inspire Atlanta Graduate
- Post-graduation opportunities: mentoring, AWF committee service, and more
Who Should Apply?
Inspire Atlanta brings a diverse group of women together to build social and professional connections with the common goal to lift-up women and girls in our community. If you are interested in developing community leadership skills, learning about philanthropy in Atlanta, and are passionate about helping women and girls, apply today!
- Be interested in professional or civic leadership development
- Be on a leadership track, in mid/senior level management, at an officer level, or equivalent career experience
- Have a heart for community and for helping women and girls
- Have some nonprofit volunteer, committee, and/or board service
- Have some level of fundraising experience
- Want to expand their professional and social networks
- Want to actively fundraise for the grantmaking efforts of the Atlanta Women’s Foundation
- Want an introduction to or expand their nonprofit board service and fundraising experience
- Have support from their workplace to attend sessions during business hours and with fundraising
- (While there are many ways to raise funds beyond the workplace, having corporate support – from your company or a family member’s company – will further advance your fundraising opportunities.)
For general questions on the program, email Meredith Broyles, Development and Operations Coordinator, at email@example.com.