Transforming Women’s Lives through Leadership & Philanthropy
Success isn’t just about what you accomplish in your life; it’s about what you inspire others to do.
Inspire Atlanta is a comprehensive seven-month initiative that provides a unique leadership opportunity to a diverse group of professional women who are looking to ignite their passion for creating positive change for women in Atlanta.
Inspire Atlanta focuses on three main areas – personal development, leadership development and philanthropic development. Participants will meet many of the dynamic corporate and civic leaders associated with AWF, connect with other women professionals, and explore the critical issues facing women and girls locally. They will also manage an individual fundraising campaign to support the mission of AWF.
As the only public foundation in Georgia dedicated solely to women and girls, it is our responsibility to prepare women to be thoughtful, well-informed, philanthropic leaders who understand the unique issues women and girls face locally. Through the Inspire Atlanta initiative, we are training women to develop or enhance the skills needed to empower and develop not only themselves, but their communities as well.
(click to expand)
Benefits include, but not limited to:
- Program Orientation and Purpose Workshop
- Intimate sessions with corporate, civic, and community leaders.
- Personal development & “finding your purpose” exploration exercise.
- Behind-the-scenes tours of grantee partners.
- A poverty simulation experience.
- Invitation to participate in “Grantee Days of Service.”
- Customized fundraising training.
- Campaign management skills.
- Complimentary tickets to AWF events.
- Publicity and recognition as an Inspire Atlanta finalist through AWF and media partner(s).
- Post-graduation opportunities like mentoring, AWF committee service, and more.
Who Should Apply?
There are two levels to the Inspire Atlanta program. Level One is geared towards women who are beginning to develop their leadership and philanthropic skills. Level Two is for women who already have experience in leadership, fundraising and/or board service.
- Interested in professional or civic leadership development
- Looking for an introduction to nonprofit board service and fundraising training
- Senior level executive, officer level or equivalent career experience
- Some nonprofit committee and/or board service
- Some level of fundraising experience
- Have support from their workplace
- Want to expand their professional and social networks
- Have a heart for community and for helping women and girls
Applications for the 2018 Inspire Atlanta class have closed.
The next application period will be January 2019. For general questions on the program, email Ali Cobb, Director of Development, at email@example.com.