Transforming Women’s Lives through Leadership & Philanthropy
Success isn’t just about what you accomplish in your life; it’s about what you inspire others to do.
Inspire Atlanta is a comprehensive initiative that provides a unique leadership opportunity to a diverse group of professional women who are looking to ignite their passion for creating positive change for women in Atlanta.
Inspire Atlanta focuses on three main areas – personal development, leadership development and philanthropic development. Participants will meet many of the dynamic corporate and civic leaders associated with AWF, connect with other women professionals, and explore the critical issues facing women and girls locally. They will also manage an individual fundraising campaign to support the mission of AWF.
As the only public foundation in Georgia dedicated solely to women and girls, it is our responsibility to prepare women to be thoughtful, well-informed, philanthropic leaders who understand the unique issues women and girls face locally. Through the Inspire Atlanta initiative, we are training women to develop or enhance the skills needed to empower and develop not only themselves, but their communities as well.
Applications for the 2020 Inspire Atlanta program will open in January 2020.
Participant Fundraising Events
In support of their fundraising campaigns, many Inspire Atlanta participants host fundraising events through the Metro Atlanta area that are open to the public. Click below to find out about upcoming events and come out to support the efforts of our Inspire Atlanta leaders!
Comedy Show at the Punchline
Wednesday, June 19, 8:00 pm show
3652 Roswell Rd, Atlanta, GA 30342
Laugh it up at the Punchline Comedy Club on June 19 with an all women revue! Doors open at 7:00 pm and the show starts at 8:00 pm. Tickets are $20 and proceeds will benefit Inspire Atlanta participant Genille McElvey’s fundraising campaign for AWF.
Dine Out at Guac y Margys
Sunday, June 23rd, 12:30 PM-2:30 PM
661 Auburn Ave NE #120, Atlanta, GA 30312
Enjoy a summer brunch while giving back to the community. Stacy Sutton, a 2019 Inspire Atlanta participant, is hosting another event for her Inspire Atlanta fundraising campaign. Enjoy bottomless brunch at Guac Y Margys on Sunday, June 23 from 12:30-2:30 PM. For a $35 purchase, you can enjoy endless breakfast tacos and mimosas and a $10 donation will go to Stacy’s campaign. Tickets must be purchased online in advance at http://www.guacymargys.com/.
Dine Out at Little 5 Corner Tavern
Tuesday, August 20th, 6:00 PM-10:00 PM
1174 Euclid Avenue Southeast, Atlanta, GA 30307
Go out for dinner while doing good for Atlanta. Contribute to Stacy Sutton’s 2019 Inspire Atlanta fundraising campaign by eating out at Little 5 Corner Tavern on August 20 from 6-10 PM. Let your server know you’re there for Stacy Sutton and The Atlanta Women’s Foundation. Once you have notified your server, 20% of your tab will go toward Stacy’s fundraising campaign.
Benefits include, but not limited to:
- A poverty simulation experience
- Behind-the-scenes tours of AWF’s grantee partners
- Complimentary tickets to selected AWF events
- Customized fundraising training and campaign management skills
- Intimate professional development sessions with corporate, civic, and community leaders
- Invitation to participate in service days
- Personal development exercises
- Publicity and recognition as an Inspire Atlanta Graduate
- Post-graduation opportunities: mentoring, AWF committee service, and more
Who Should Apply?
Inspire Atlanta brings a diverse group of women together to build social and professional connections with the common goal to lift-up women and girls in our community. If you are interested in developing community leadership skills, learning about philanthropy in Atlanta, and are passionate about helping women and girls, apply today!
- Be interested in professional or civic leadership development
- Be on a leadership track, in mid/senior level management, at an officer level, or equivalent career experience
- Have a heart for community and for helping women and girls
- Have some nonprofit volunteer, committee, and/or board service
- Have some level of fundraising experience
- Want to expand their professional and social networks
- Want to actively fundraise for the grantmaking efforts of the Atlanta Women’s Foundation
- Want an introduction to or expand their nonprofit board service and fundraising experience
- Have support from their workplace to attend sessions during business hours and with fundraising
- (While there are many ways to raise funds beyond the workplace, having corporate support – from your company or a family member’s company – will further advance your fundraising opportunities.)
For general questions on the program, email Meredith Broyles, Development and Operations Coordinator, at email@example.com.