Transforming Women’s Lives through Leadership & Philanthropy
Success isn’t just about what you accomplish in your life; it’s about what you inspire others to do.
Inspire Atlanta is a comprehensive initiative that provides a unique leadership opportunity to a diverse group of professional women who are looking to ignite their passion for creating positive change for women in Atlanta.
Inspire Atlanta focuses on three main areas – personal development, leadership development and philanthropic development. Participants will meet many of the dynamic corporate and civic leaders associated with AWF, connect with other women professionals, and explore the critical issues facing women and girls locally. They will also manage an individual fundraising campaign to support the mission of AWF.
As the only public foundation in Georgia dedicated solely to women and girls, it is our responsibility to prepare women to be thoughtful, well-informed, philanthropic leaders who understand the unique issues women and girls face locally. Through the Inspire Atlanta initiative, we are training women to develop or enhance the skills needed to empower and develop not only themselves, but their communities as well.
Applications for the 2020 Inspire Atlanta program will open in October 2019.
Participant Fundraising Events
In support of their fundraising campaigns, many Inspire Atlanta participants host fundraising events through the Metro Atlanta area that are open to the public. Click below to find out about upcoming events and come out to support the efforts of our Inspire Atlanta leaders!
Shop Online at Gratify Style & Home
Now through Thursday, September 19
In support of their fundraising campaigns, Inspire Atlanta participants Heather Brown and Christina Loud have partnered with Gratify Style & Home. They offer a curated collection of globally inspired, hand made goods that are fair trade and made by women overseas. Through September 19, they are donating 20% of their sales when you use the code AWF and are also giving a 10% discount off of your purchase! https://www.shopgratify.com/
Bishops Cut & Color
Monday, September 30
You can look good while doing good! In honor of Inspire Atlanta participant Maranie Brown’s fundraising campaign, Bishops Cut & Color of Atlanta will donate 20% of its net proceeds on Monday, September 30! Making Monday’s something to look forward to, Bishops’ “Give Back Monday” is their give back initiative to help raise awareness and funds for programs like this. Visit any of their three locations Toco Hills, North Decatur, and Chamblee on Monday, September 30, to help Maranie raise funds.
Benefits include, but not limited to:
- A poverty simulation experience
- Behind-the-scenes tours of AWF’s grantee partners
- Complimentary tickets to selected AWF events
- Customized fundraising training and campaign management skills
- Intimate professional development sessions with corporate, civic, and community leaders
- Invitation to participate in service days
- Personal development exercises
- Publicity and recognition as an Inspire Atlanta Graduate
- Post-graduation opportunities: mentoring, AWF committee service, and more
Who Should Apply?
Inspire Atlanta brings a diverse group of women together to build social and professional connections with the common goal to lift-up women and girls in our community. If you are interested in developing community leadership skills, learning about philanthropy in Atlanta, and are passionate about helping women and girls, apply today!
- Be interested in professional or civic leadership development
- Be on a leadership track, in mid/senior level management, at an officer level, or equivalent career experience
- Have a heart for community and for helping women and girls
- Have some nonprofit volunteer, committee, and/or board service
- Have some level of fundraising experience
- Want to expand their professional and social networks
- Want to actively fundraise for the grantmaking efforts of the Atlanta Women’s Foundation
- Want an introduction to or expand their nonprofit board service and fundraising experience
- Have support from their workplace to attend sessions during business hours and with fundraising
- (While there are many ways to raise funds beyond the workplace, having corporate support – from your company or a family member’s company – will further advance your fundraising opportunities.)
For general questions on the program, email Meredith Broyles, Development and Operations Coordinator, at email@example.com.