Spring Communications Internship – Apply Now!
AWF is accepting applications for our Communications intern position for the spring 2018 semester.
Details about the internship and how to apply below.
Overview of The Atlanta Women’s Foundation (AWF)
The mission of the Atlanta Women’s Foundation is to be a catalyst for change in the lives of women and girls and to end generational poverty. The Foundation has invested $15 million in Atlanta area nonprofit organizations that have successfully moved women and girls from poverty to economic self-sufficiency. In addition to local grantmaking, AWF produces programs, builds awareness and supports public policy in order to leverage community resources to break the cycle of generational poverty.
The Atlanta Women’s Foundation: Breaking Cycles. Building Women.
Communications Intern – Position Overview
- Provide communication and administrative support to the Development and Communications team under the supervision of the Director of Communications.
- Assist with creation and implementation of social media content.
- Support creation and execution of PR materials including press releases, email marketing and event promotional materials.
- Assist with updating website and blog.
- Provide administrative assistance on an as-need basis.
- Strong written communications skills.
- Hands-on experience with major social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a professional office environment.
- Creative, energetic and fun.
- Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or English major(s) or an interest and experience in communications.
- Junior, Senior, Graduate or Graduate certificate/Graduate non-degree. Recent graduates may also apply.
- Able to commit 20-25 hours per week for full semester.
- Gain communications and management experience working for a nonprofit with $1 million+ budget.
- Help develop web and social media content and printed materials for portfolio.
- Opportunity for professional development and to network with nonprofit, community and business leaders in Atlanta.
- Chance to be fully integrated into the organization. This includes getting to know how a nonprofit functions, and an opportunity to be a part of all staff functions: departmental meetings, staff activities, and fundraising events.
- The Communications Intern is an unpaid position; school credit is an option.
- Transportation stipend up to $350 total for the semester available.
- AWF offices are in Buckhead by Lenox Mall and are easily accessible by MARTA.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and brief writing sample to Kate Balzer, Director of Communications, at email@example.com.