We are seeking a dynamic Communications Intern for spring semester 2020. Because AWF is a small, nimble organization, the Communications Intern will gain hands on communications and nonprofit experience and opportunities to work with all staff. Under the supervision of the Director of Communications, the Communications Intern will assist with the development and execution of AWF’s digital marketing and communications as well as have opportunities to be involved with AWF fundraising events and mission programming.
Deadline to apply is Friday, December 6. You must submit a resume, cover letter, and 1-2 page writing sample to Kate Balzer at email@example.com.
- Assist with creation and implementation of social media content.
- Support creation and execution of PR materials including press releases, email marketing, and event promotional materials.
- Assist with execution of organizational events.
- Provide administrative assistance on an as-needed basis.
- Strong written communications skills.
- Hands-on experience with social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a professional office environment.
- Creative, energetic and fun.
- Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or English major(s) preferred or an interest and experience in communications.
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Graduate or Graduate certificate/Graduate non-degree.
- Recent graduates may also apply.
- Able to commit 15-20 hours per week for a full semester.
- Gain communications and management experience working for a nonprofit with $2 million budget.
- Help develop social media content and printed materials for portfolio.
- Opportunities for professional development and to network with nonprofit, community, and business leaders in Atlanta.
- Fully integrated into the organization. This includes getting to know how a nonprofit functions, and an opportunity to be a part of all staff functions: departmental meetings, staff activities, and fundraising events.
- The Communications Intern is an unpaid position; school credit is an option.
- Transportation stipend up to $350 total for the semester available.
- AWF offices are in Buckhead by Lenox Mall and are easily accessible by MARTA or there is onsite parking.