We are seeking a Communications Intern for fall semester 2020. Under the supervision of the Director of Communications, the Communications Intern will assist with the development and execution of AWF’s digital marketing and communications as well as have opportunities to be involved with AWF fundraising events and mission programming. The Communications Intern will gain hands on communication and nonprofit experience and work across the organization. This is an unpaid position.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, currently the AWF office is closed and all staff are working from home. This internship will be remote as well. There will be weekly Zoom meetings between the Director of Communications and the intern to review projects and discuss assignments as well as weekly Zoom meetings with the full AWF staff.
Deadline to apply is Monday, August 10. You must submit a resume, cover letter, and 1-2 page writing sample to Kate Balzer at email@example.com. Marketing/PR/Communications writing samples are preferred but excerpts of academic papers are accepted.
- Assist with creation and implementation of social media content.
- Support creation and execution of communication materials including blog, press releases, email marketing, and event promotional materials.
- Assist with execution of organizational events.
- Provide administrative assistance on an as-needed basis.
- Strong written communications skills.
- Hands-on experience with social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and/or LinkedIn.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a professional office environment.
- Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or English major(s) or an interest and experience in communications.
- Junior, Senior, Graduate or Graduate certificate/Graduate non-degree.
- Recent graduates may also apply.
- Able to commit 15-20 hours per week for full semester.
- Gain communications and management experience working for a nonprofit with $2 million budget.
- Help develop social media content and printed materials for portfolio.
- Opportunities for professional development and to network with nonprofit, community and business leaders in Atlanta.
- Opportunity to be fully integrated into the organization. This includes getting to know how a nonprofit functions, and an opportunity to be a part of all staff functions: departmental meetings, staff activities, and fundraising events.